Monday, March 17, 2014

'Twas the Night Before Texas....

(Photo from PhotoBucket)

That's terrifying, yeah?

On Saturday night I had the opportunity of hanging out with two of my good friends. The only difference between this and every other time, though, was that one of them was leaving for Texas the next day. He was going to go work through the summer and then come back in the fall. Now, you might be thinking, "Big deal, he's leaving."

Two which I reply, "You have no idea how I get when I don't see friends anymore." Seriously. Two of my other friends have already gone to Texas to live down there. Now that I think of it, there seems to be a strange gravitational pull coming from that Southern State... >.> ... Anyhow, they went to Texas, another took off to Pittsburgh, and I have no idea where-the-hell a lot of the others went. And when my friends leave, I go nuts. I suddenly feel like I have nothing to do anymore.

So on our last night of camaraderie, we had S'mores at his house. But we needed milk, first. So we piled into a car and took off for the grocery store.

On the way, we passed a car wash. And at this car wash, this dude in a wind-breaking mask was carrying around a sack and rooting around the pay terminals. We thought this was the sketchest thing ever (keep in mind it was late at night) and so we stopped the car and stared at this guy for a few minutes.

We even honked. And this dude kept doing what he was doing. But then after we determined that he wasn't wearing a ski mask, my friends went, "Oh, okay, he's not a thief."

To which I retorted, "Yeah, because it makes since to say someone's not a thief because they don't wear a ski mask."

How dare we stereotype against this man who so obviously was either a thief or homeless? Or both?

Well, we took off and went to the store. And right when we got out of the car, a cart was about to blow straight into this guy's brand new truck, and my Texas-bound-buddy rushed to stop it. Scientists predict that had that cart slammed into this guy's truck, the end result would have been something like this:
Good luck in Texas, buddy!


-D.



No comments:

Post a Comment