Thursday, March 13, 2014

Stupid, but Clever..

(Photo from Cartoon Network's The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)

The title and picture that accompany this post are a blatant reference to Hoss Delgado from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. Much like the Australian Vampire-Koala Bears, this segment is all about things that I think are stupid, but clever. To clarify, it's about things I initially thought were stupid, but then came to either enjoy somewhat or have a better appreciation for. So, let's kick this list off, shall we?

1. Dubstep
Do not wub me to the wall just yet, my friends. When I was first introduced to dubstep, I hated it. I thought, "How can a bunch of pulses of pure noise possibly entertain me?" Every time a friend or fellow student would start going on about the latest dub to the wub-wub, I would roll my eyes and groan. But then something really weird happened. I watched things... other things, with Dubstep interwoven into them. (the Hero's Duty bug hunt scene from Wreck-It Ralph and/or the first gameplay trailers to Halo 4). I will never be Dubstep's #1 fan, or anything like that, and I don't much care for it on its own, but I enjoyed the fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping tempo it added to crazy CG scenes.

2. Alcohol
It was in Mexico. It was legal. I'd kept a safe distance from alcohol all through high school. See, my mind had this idea that the second I tasted alcohol, I'd vomit, or I'd become one of those stories you'd see on A&E. But while the fam was gettin' our party on in Mexico, the drinks were free at our resort and I decided to "just taste". And it wasn't that bad. It was fruity, though, so... that was to be expected. I didn't get insta-junkied, or anything, and the only problem with taste was a really poorly mixed Tequila Sunrise. I don't much care for cough syrup, I don't know about you. Not addicted, or anything. The first thing on my mind when I wake up isn't alcohol. It was just fun to do something different.

3. Writing
Oh, my god. Why hadn't I started this sooner than I did? I was an avid reader up until high school, then I kind of dropped off, but I had a college reading level in the fifth grade, and I've pretty well retained that, if not improved, 'til now. And since I loved reading, and I wanted to make some super-special-stuff, it was only natural that I should write something. But the worst is when people say they don't like to write. Listen. You don't ave ta write goodly to liek ta rit. Do you like to talk? Then you like to write. What I'm doin' here, isn't any different than how I talk. Just in letter form.

4. League of Legends
Ugh... Don't wanna' talk about this one...

5. Doctor Who
Stay your whippings, people! This is the part where I became a hipster asshole. "I don't get why this is so popular! I dislike it because it's popular!" etc, etc. I haven't developed Whokemia yet, but it's not half bad.

And, lastly......

6. Blogging
'Nuff said.



Now, I know you guys've experienced somethin' like that, so give me the gritz n' gravy of it! Let's hear some unexpected ones!

-D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment