Friday, March 21, 2014

Blat Blat Goes the Sun

(Photo From Zazzle.com)

I've recently discovered that I'm a morning person. This is in stark contrast to the majority of students at my university. Now, when I say I'm a morning person, I don't necessarily mean that I enjoy waking up early... Or at all, to begin with. No, my friends, I'm talking about the feeling I get when I crawl into my car on the way to school or I'm just standing out on my porch, letting the dog outside. The sun's got my back. Literally. In the morning, on my porch, I'm facing west.

So just why is the sun so special? Because the sun is a vigilante gangster of justice, that's why. Every day the sun comes back to blow the darkness's fricken' head off--the same darkness that conceals the unknown and blinds us. When Big Sol shows up, he lets us see. See the beautiful world we have, walk outside and go about our lives in light. Of course, when night comes, he has to go shoot UV holes through the darkness somewhere else; Big Sol's in high demand, and he loves us all equally.

Okay, but seriously. Past the silly metaphor, the message I'm trying to convey here is: You can love the night, but be grateful for the day, because it's one more day you get to live your life.

And to my fellow Dark Souls fans:

PRAISE THE SUN!!


-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment